THE REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE
OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
1 April – 30 September 2019
Did you know that 1 in 3 people at REISA will need blood in their lifetime? Or that giving blood only takes an hour, but can save three lives?
Australia needs 25,000 blood donations every week. Around one-third of those go towards helping people with cancer, with the rest needed to treat immune conditions, pregnancy and childbirth complications, surgery, haemophilia, heart disease and more.
That’s why we want you to take part in the REISA Blood Challenge from 1 April 2019 to 30 September 2019. It’s run by Red25, the group donation program of the Australian Red Cross Blood Service.
How to get involved -
1. Book a blood donation appointment between 1 April and 30 September 2019. You can either book online, through the app Donate Blood or by calling 13 14 95.
2. To have your donation added to your group's tally, join your Red25 group here or at the donor centre.
3. Track your group's results online during the challenge.
If you like, you can also book a group donation by calling 1300 886 524.
Free resources to help you
To help make it easy for you to get involved and promote blood donation, the Red Cross can provide:
- Email templates to help you inform and rally your group.
- Posters and social media images.
- Information about Red25 and blood donation.
- Assistance with coordinating group donations and visits by Billy the Blood Drop, the Blood Service mascot.
You can also learn more at donateblood.com.au/red25
Click here to view the eligibility checklist. Even if you can’t donate, you can still help by rallying others to the cause and spreading the word about donation.