The REISA Blood Rivals Competition
Did you know that 1 in 3 people at REISA will need blood in their lifetime? Or that giving blood only takes an hour, but can save three lives?
Australia needs 25,000 blood donations every week. Around one-third of those go towards helping people with cancer, with the rest needed to treat immune conditions, pregnancy and childbirth complications, surgery, haemophilia, heart disease and more.
That’s why we want you to take part in the REISA Blood Rivals Competition from 1 April 2017 to 30 September 2017. It’s run by Red25, the group donation program of the Australian Red Cross Blood Service.
How to get involved
- Nominate one or more Red25 Champions to rally, lead and support your people.
- Have the Champion call 1300 886 524 to register your agency.
- Encourage everyone to:
- Once your business is on board, check your tally online to track how many lives you’ve saved (and to see what the competition is doing!).
If you like, you can also book a group donation by calling 1300 886 524.
Free resources to help you
To help make it easy for you to get involved and promote blood donation, we can provide:
- Email templates to help you inform and rally your group.
- Posters and social media images.
- Information about Red25 and blood donation.
- Assistance with coordinating group donations and visits by Billy the Blood Drop, the Blood Service mascot.
You can also learn more at donateblood.com.au/red25
Even if you can’t donate, you can still help by rallying others to the cause and spreading the word about donation.
Show your ‘blood rivals’ you’re the biggest life-savers!Back