THE REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE
OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
DONATION HEROES CHALLENGE
1 April – 30 September 2018
Did you know that 1 in 3 people will need blood in their lifetime? Or that giving blood only takes an hour, but can save three lives?
Australia needs 25,000 blood donations every week. Around one-third of those go towards helping people with cancer, with the rest needed to treat immune conditions, pregnancy and childbirth complications, surgery, haemophilia, heart disease and more.
That’s why we want you to take part in the REISA Donation Heroes Challenge from 1 April 2018 to 30 September 2018. It’s run by Red25, the group donation program of the Australian Red Cross Blood Service.
How to get involved:
1. Book a blood donation appointment between 1 April & 30 September 2018 online or by calling 13 14 95
2. If your agency was involved in the 2017 Blood Challenge make sure you join your agency group here. You will need to know your 'group name' before signing up so to ensure your donations are added to your agencies' tally.
3. If you are new to the Challenge in 2018 and would like your agency to get involved, please call the Red Cross directly 13 14 95 and request to join the 'REISA Donation Heroes Challenge'
4. Track your group's results online during the challenge.
If you like, you can also book a group donation by calling 1300 886 524.
Free resources to help you
To help make it easy for you to get involved and promote blood donation, we can provide:
- Email templates to help you inform and rally your group.
- Posters and social media images.
- Information about Red25 and blood donation.
- Assistance with coordinating group donations and visits by Billy the Blood Drop, the Blood Service mascot.
You can also learn more at donateblood.com.au/red25
Even if you can’t donate, you can still help by rallying others to the cause and spreading the word about donation.