News & Media
Rewarding excellence in the real estate professions
15 Apr 14
The Real Estate Institute of Australia (REIA) has celebrated its 90th birthday in style with the real estate profession’s night of nights at the Museum of Old & New Art (MONA) in Hobart.
The News Corp Australia REIA National Awards for Excellence 2014 has honoured Australia’s most outstanding performers in the real estate profession, with the ACT taking six awards throughout the evening and four going to Victoria.
2014 also represents REIA’s 90th year as the peak association for real estate in this country. In 1924 the Real Estate Institutes and Associations of Australia was formed. Some name changes and 90 years later, the association is stronger than ever, representing 80% of Australia’s real estate professionals.
Winners of the 9th annual Awards for Excellence are:
- Independent Property Group (ACT) - Large Residential Agency of the Year
- Toop&Toop Hyde Park (SA) - Medium Residential Agency of the Year
- Release Property Management (VIC) - Small Residential Agency of the Year
- CBRE (VIC) - Commercial Agency of the Year
- Gary Peer & Associates (VIC) - Innovation Award
- Independent Property Group (ACT) - Communications Award
- Nelson Alexander (VIC) - Community Service Award
- Wayne Harriden (ACT) - Residential Salesperson of the Year
- Mark Terracini (ACT) - Commercial Salesperson of the Year
- Hannah Gill (ACT) - Residential Property Manager of the Year
- Claudine Church (TAS) - Commercial Property Manager of the Year
- Iain Horne (QLD) - Business Broker of the Year
- Simon Pressley (QLD) - Buyer’s Agent of the Year
- Greg Tate (QLD) - Corporate Support Person of the Year
- Vickie Arlott (ACT) - Achievement Award
- Robin Matters (SA) - President’s Award