Breaking the Lease -
- Agency, principal and employee liabilities
- Defences of agency, principal and employee under relevant legislation
- Disciplinary action under Land Agents Act 1994
- Importance of agency policies and procedures
- What legislation applies?
- What is a break lease?
- Fiduciary and contractual duties to landlord and tenant
- How to respond to a tenant break lease
- When is a break lease not a break lease?
- What compensation is the landlord entitled to?
- CBS formulae
- When do you need to start advertising?
- Mitigating the loss
- Increasing or decreasing the rent
- Maintenance of property during break lease period
- Sample agency break lease policies and procedures
- Q and A session
BA (Jur), LLB (Hons), GDLP
Paul has practised as a lawyer, political adviser, policy officer at Consumer and Business Services and worked at REISA for the past eight years as their Legislation and Compliance Adviser. Paul has delivered over 2,000 professional development sessions on all aspects of real estate legislation, policies and procedures.
Wednesday, 11 August 2021
9:30am - 11:30am
Investment (GST Inclusive)
Individual REISA member: $66
For further details contact
REISA Training on 08 8366 4300 or via email email@example.com